Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Deja Vu

No, I didn't pickup another thumb tack. This time I tore the side wall and had to replace my back tire. As annoying as that was, it's not why I'm here now. I talking about the real thing, that feeling of having lived the exact same moment before. I really hate that feeling, and I got it not once, but twice today.

First when I was buying the replacement tire for my bike(17 bucks I could have put to better use), it's weird because I know I've never bought this type of tire before. Slick in the center with treads on the side for traction in turns. Not my first choice, but it's all they had, and it's not that bad considering I do most of my riding on the street.

Deja Vu hit me as soon as I saw the tire and again when I was putting it on. I count this as one experience since it was about one item. The second time was much more intense, and involved bungee cords. I picked up a twelve pack at wallgreens cause it had two of the smaller ones I needed. A bit wasteful but, you never know when you're going to need some bungee cords, and it's not like they go bad. Though, now that I think about it. I suppose the elastic will eventually dry out, but I've got cords that are years old with no sign of weakening. I doubt these wally-world rejects are going to hold up as well as those, but who gives a shit? Why am I even talking about this, they're just fucking bungee cords. I think I'm starting to take this frugality kick a little too seriously. That, or I'm just really freaking tired, and freakin' love the word bungee. Bungee bungee bungee.

So, I'm just pulling these cords out of the package, and bam, Deja Vu, strong Deja Vu. Weird, but it only lasted a minute before fading. I get a few cases of this a year, and it never fails to freak me out. Especially since I saw The Matrix. Am I just living in a simulation? Did I tap into an alternate dimension? Do I have a brain tumor? Have I lived this life before?

Oh, ugh, re-incarnation; I hate re-incarnation. If you think about it logically there's only one soul. All life that is, was, or ever will be, are just different aspects of this one soul on it's journey to nirvana. How depressing. Thank God I'm an Atheist.

Just keep telling yourself that you've never read this before. βeta, out.

No comments: