Monday, November 17, 2008

I cheat.

These are some forum posts I did earlier that I feel like sharing. Today was interesting.

"It's barely noon and my day is already down the tubes.

Started out about two hours before I had planned to wake up with me breaking part of a bad tooth off in my sleep. I clench my teeth sometimes and I guess they slipped. So, I'm up two hours early after going to sleep two hours late. The pain dies down fairly fast but it's too late for me to get back to sleep, not that I didn't try. Eventually the alarm goes off and I stumble out of bed. I'm able to get dressed and make coffee without incident. But, before I'm even out the door, I get a damned thumb tack stuck in my front wheel.

Not wanting to be late, I decide to just walk the bike to work(less than a 1/4 mile). I use it for work so, they don't mind if I have to do a little maintenance every now and then. I use a glueless patch to try and save time, and I might have, if the damned thing had actually held. Oh, it was fine at first so I put the tire back on, knocking over my coffee in the process, of course. After a test ride everything looks good so I park it outside my office and get some paperwork done.

An hour, or so later, I have to go to the other side of the property, the patch still seems to be holding. I take about half an hour over there, mainly waiting on a slow computer. But, while I'm waiting I get bored and hop on the bike for a quick spin. I think this must have been to much for the cheap patch, cause ten minutes later when I get on to ride back to my office, the tire's flat.

Another walk to the workshop, another patch(the good kind this time), and now I'm sitting here, writing this, as I wonder what's going to happen next.

Anyone else have any good Monday stories? I'd love to hear that I'm not alone in my suffering.

P.S. I know I need to see a dentist and I will as soon as my insurance is renewed, I've already used up my allowance for this year.

P.P.S. This morning could have been worse, there was an earthquake around 4:30 am that I thankfully slept through.

Update: ARRRGH!

I don't mean to sound negative, I'm actually laughing about this right now.

So, yeah, after two months of riding with no flats I get two in one day. Yup, after finally getting that first one squared away. I go to ride a graffiti check of the property, two, three miles tops. Not only do I pick up a thorn requiring another patch but, my pants cuff gets caught on my frame pump and tears it right off. Ripped right through the velcro safety strap like it wasn't even there. Thankfully the pump and it's mount survived, I just need to replace the strap; I'm thinking zip ties.

At least I'm home now, and hopefully nothing else can happen to my bike. Thanks to everyone for listening to me rant, I'd still like to hear your Monday horror stories."

Fun huh?

In other news: I've decided to hand wash my clothes from now on. I saw this site and think his setup would be perfect for me. Especially since dad is blaming me for breaking his washer. I did two loads of laundry every other week, there's no way I broke it.

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

I've only got enough room for a stackable washer & dryer, and they cost a fortune to replace. So, this idea is perfect for me. I can probably fabricate a hand washer for next to nothing(and there's always the bucket method), and I'd like to think I have enough technical knowhow to hook a bike up to my old washing machine. Whether this is true or not, we shall see. I'll keep you posted.

╬▓eta, out.

No comments: