Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Work: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

Yes, another work post... Quit bitching, it's my blog and I'll write about what I want. You can blame Tammy for this one, she practically begged me to make fun of her. She's just about the only good part left at work, and I don't think I'll last very long after she leaves. Not that I'd planned to anyways.

She was attacked today, a foul beast got it's teeth into her and would not let go. She struggled bravely in silence for a good five minutes before finally admitting defeat and calling for help. Our manager, unable to assist her called for reinforcements, namely me. It was not a moment too soon, for by the time I arrived Tammy had tears in her eyes, and must surely have been contemplating the inevitable emergency room visit, should I fail to extricate her.

Try as I might I could find no way to release her from it's insidious grasp, my efforts only making the fiend bite harder into her flesh. I had come to the conclusion that I would have to either destroy the dastardly brute, or amputate her hand in order to free her.

Then, just as I had picked up the scoundrel in order to get a better look at it's soft underside. It's grip loosened, and Tammy was able to extricate herself. Though not without a nasty mark, which she will likely carry for the rest of her years. A hellish sigil branded onto the back of her hand, a reminder that the creature has a taste for her flesh & will be back for more.

(okay, I may have been exaggerating slightly, but she really did have tears in her eyes when I got there.)

(and after she was freed. It really was a very harrowing experience for all of us.)

I should stop here at the good, but I already picked the title, and can't change it now:P So, onto the bad. There is far too much for me to list it all here -I'd be up all night- but I can give you a couple of the sticking points.

First, is being stuck in that damned office all by myself. I feel like I'm being punished for something. I never handled being grounded well, and that is exactly what this feels like. I don't care that I've got a fast computer, or high speed internet connection. I've still got nothing to look at but a freaking block wall and a bunch of idiots who walk past(that's part of the ugly and I'll get it in a minute).

Secondly, is our fucking boss coming down every god damned week to check up on us. We're not children, quit treating us like we are. I remember when she'd go months between visits. It's not only that, but she seems to be losing it. She can't remember conversations that happened only days before, and keeps issuing conflicting orders. We went through this with our old manager, and I thought that was tough. You try telling your boss that she's looney toons.

(I tawt I taw a.... Durrr...)

Okay, on to the ugly. Working property management is likely to make you a few enemies. Well, one of mine is a child molesting piece of scum. This fucking maggot has slandered and even libeled me on numerous occasions. And get this, he was stupid enough to try and blackmail me with the threat of some non-existent pictures.

I know I'm a public figure around here, and carry myself as if I'm being watched all the time, because I probably am. My record is beyond reproach, and everyone knows it. But, he runs bingo and is friends with most of the people around here. So they all probably think I'm a bigger pervert than he actually is.

What really pisses me off though, is that that fucking child rapist wasn't even forced to move away from the two schools less than a block from his house. I guess if you only diddle your own children, the State doesn't think you're a danger to any others. They've clearly never seen the way he stares at the kids in the pool, or how he drives up and down the street when school is letting out.

I can not tell you how many times I've wanted to print up a thousand copies of his Megan's law profile and just plaster it all over the community. I can't do that though, cause that would be harassment. I just love that part too, I can't harass the asshole who's been harassing me, or I'll be the one to get in trouble. So, I leave it up to my boss, and what does she do? She ignores it like just like she's ignored every other fucking problem she's ever been faced with.

Problems like an old security guard threatening my life. Her response? To tell me to suck it up and not to worry cause I'm bigger than him, and could take him in a fight. Who cares if I could take him in a fight? The fucker walked around with a gun on his hip. No disciplinary action, no nothing; that company ended up dropping us as a client. She should have fired their asses and sued the fuckers for breach of contract. Assholes caused more problems than they solved anyways.

All she's done this time is to pass it on to her ineffectual, lazy ass lawyer. This guy has taken care of maybe one thing in the past year, and there's at least a dozen files awaiting his action. Most of which could be solved with a letter written by his assistant. He says there's nothing he can do, even though this scum bag is in violation of at least three of our community rules. One of which states that any violation is grounds for immediate revocation of his lease agreement.

So, I told my boss that she has until the end of the year to get rid of the scum before I take matters into my own hands and sue him for libel & harassment. What I didn't tell her, is that I'm also going to sue her for providing an unsafe work environment.

Alright, I'm almost done. I just want to leave you with one last insight into how ugly this world truly is. This walking pile of diseased baboon excrement has somehow convinced his church to cover his fucking rent. Yeah, that's right people; a church out there is actually paying for a pedophile to live less than 500 feet from an elementary school. Doesn't that just renew your faith in humanity?

βeta, out.

P.S. Sorry about the rant, I had intended this post to help calm me down after a bad afternoon of work, but it kinda got away from me.

P.P.S. I want ramen. I just finished a bowl of roasted garlic chicken soup with penne and veggies. It was very good for a chicken soup, but it had nothing on those delicious little brick noodles. I don't know why, but I've been craving salty foods lately & ramen hits that sweet spot like nothing else.

P.P.P.S. I spent a good ten minutes looking for that picture of tweety.

1 comment:

mom of 2 wonderful brats said...

and yet you mention nothing of the Manager ( as much as we love her) setting a bag popcorn on fire in the microwave....and btw I still have a very faint line on my hand from the horrible beast! I'm also sorry you are having problems, with you know who he is such a creap...can't belive he conned them into paying his rent again...ugggg