Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm writing a novel.

November is National Novel Writing Month, and I have finally worked up the nerve to try my hand at it. It's somewhat more difficult than I would like, I can already feel that 50,000 word count looming over my head. I am writing though, and that's the important part.

These blog posts come easy to me, but I've always wanted to write fiction. So, that's what I'm doing. Line by line, word by word. I know the point of NaNoWriMo is to just write, but I'm a perfectionist, and very self-conscious about my writing. Well, my fiction at least. This is just stream of consciousness stuff, and as long as there aren't too many typos. I couldn't care less.

I've got to thank Jessica for the inspiration for my book, even though she denies giving me the idea. She said I should write about working with freaks, since I have so much experience at it. So, that's what I did, except I made the whole world full of freaks. Basically a science experiment gone wrong caused all the dimensions to bleed together. Now the world is full of all the strange and wonderful creatures we used to think were just myths. They're regular guys like the rest of us though, you've just gotta watch out when they don't get their morning coffee.

The novel follows(or will follow) our protagonist (whose parents are somewhat responsible for the bleed) through his first day at work for the company that picked up the pieces after the accident. That's what I've got so far at least.

Any comment, ideas, large cash advances, or movie deals are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I deny any and all involvement in this script... I merely suggested you write about something you are familiar with...